Carolina Pro Musica Logo

Next Event:
Eighteenth Century Potpourri - Daytime Series CPCC
November 6, 2014 12:30 PM
spacer

History of Carolina Pro Musica

Carolina Pro Musica was established in 1977 to promote the performance of music written before 1800 through the use of historic instruments and/or copies and in the performance practice of the periods in which the music was written. The ensemble has maintained a concert series in the historic 1892 St. Mary's Chapel in Charlotte bringing guest artists to Charlotte as well as performing a variety of music from medieval to present day. The ensemble has performed throughout the Southeast. They have received grants from the N.C. Arts Council, the South Carolina Arts Council, the Arts and Science Council of Charlotte-Mecklenburg, the Cultural Education Collaborative (Charlotte,NC) and monies from the National Endowment for the Arts. A Christmas music compact disk with funding by the Hearst Service Center of the Hearst Corporation was available for the 1997 Holiday season. It was recorded at Belmont Abbey, Belmont, NC.


Their many cooperative ventures include working with other arts groups and cultural societies including the Goethe Institut-Atlanta, Charlotte Sister Cities, Viva Voca! of WDAV, the Alemannia Society of Charlotte, Austrian Cultural Society of the Carolinas, the German Church in Charlotte, The Festival Singers, The Charlotte Chapter American Guild of Organists, and Alliance Française.

 
Carolina Pro Musica has:
 
 
©2000-2014 Carolina Pro Musica ®. All rights reserved.

Valid CSS! Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict